
I am in a mad rush to finish my husband's quilt as a gift for Valentine's Day. I'm not worried about him reading this and spoiling the "surprise," because there really is no surprise. This quilt was started this time LAST YEAR, and was supposed to be his birthday present. His birthday was in August. Not finished. So then I was going to give it to him for Christmas. Not finished. So now I am really busting it to finish this thing by the end of the week, and I will do it if it kills me. The trouble here is that I chose a quilting pattern that was way outside the limits of my current skill level, and really, outside the limits of my sewing machine as well. But I have calculated the time that I think it will take me to finish, and I have come up with about 9-10 hours. (Provided that I make no more mistakes that I have to rip out and re-sew.) 9-10 hours doesn't seem too hard to find...right? Guess I'd better quit blogging and get to sewing!
1 comment:
You are funny! That is exactly what I do. I take on this huge project and then always end up giving the gift several holidays down the line. Remember my cross stitch projects? Yeah. =) You can do it...and Daniel will love it! =)
Post a Comment